The most frequented and utilized room in any household is the kitchen. The idea of renovation arises with a purpose. The possible reasons for this could be:
• An outdated/retro design kitchen changed to modular: It involves the alteration of appearance alone, without changing the
layout. The walls renewed; floors, cabinets and counters recycled changing just the setup. It’s the cheapest way to remodel.
• Increasing the space inside the kitchen: Usage space is maximized by borrowing extra space from adjacent rooms. A simple adjustment is done either by removing the walls of the interior or rearranging the wall fixtures and sometimes appliances are switched places.
• Expanding the kitchen with a dining attached: It’s the most expensive – an extra space is created either projecting outside changing the entire exterior completely or an exclusive interior is carved out from the already existing space. If projected outside the flooring has to be made and the cost of new structure would definitely be high. But comparatively if the space is expanded through interiors the restructuring cost alone is considered.
• Redirecting the traffic space through kitchen: Main motive is to redirect the traffic inside the kitchen to make it less
Isolated so extensive changes like removing the part of a wall to make it an open kitchen facing the dining area, moving a soffit or doorway, adding a new ventilator space or door is done.
• Enhancing the layout design entirely: Organized changes like shuffling the previous positions of fixtures, stove, sink and appliances to new places are tried. By positioning the dining to a cozy nook, a warmer atmosphere is assured.
Rearranging the appliances could be inexpensive, while moving the sink or drainage could be costlier.
A kitchen space should be aesthetically pleasing and functional, because every homemaker spends half of the time here.
Make note of
• Selecting a comfort zone with free work space for an extended session of cooking along with a convenient serving area
• Placing the countertops and cabinets in a reachable height matching them with appliances. Use pull out trays to save space.
• Adjoining a counter space near the sink facilitating cleaning and preparation.
• Allocating spaces to store using corner cabinets or racks or by making room for a pantry near the living or dining area
• Match the interiors like floors and walls along with the kitchen or dining furniture. Employ space saving appliances, custom cabinets based on available space and choose barrier less product designs to accustom kitchen’s shape improving the feasibility of use for every member at home.
• Categorize lighting positions as general and accent suiting the needs
• Select durable hard tile flooring instead of wooden ones
• Depending upon the size of the kitchen choose accommodative standard size appliances for cook tops, dishwashers, refrigerators microwaves, and stoves.
To sum up remodeling basics – Plan the budget, note the alterations needed, select durable, inexpensive materials, re-use the items already incorporated inside the kitchen and decide the interior matching skillfully.